Japan Sustainable Building Database aims to disseminate Japanese sustainable building information on architectural projects, building techniques, policy frameworks and others. The Building List in the website leads to the information about several best practices of sustainable building projects in Japan.
2008 Hokkaido New Energy Map
Produced by NEDO's Hokkaido Branch Office
Click to view the original file (PDF file:1.47MB)
Hokkaido Branch Office of New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO) released 2008 Hokkaido New Energy Map. The map shows plants and facilities which introduce the following energy sources:
wind, photovoltaic, solar heat, thermal utilization of ice and snow, biomass, biomass thermal, biomass fuel, fuel cells, thermal energy conversion, clean energy vehicles, natural gas cogeneration, natural gas station, small-and medium-scale hydropower, and geothermal.
The map also shows the locations of local governments which establsihed new energy visions.
Whiteness 70~Just The Right (PDF file:659KB)
Edited by Office Chonai-kai
- Starting "Neighborhood Associations " for Business Districts
- Meeting Our Partners
- From Concept to Pilot Operations
- A Misunderstanding as a Springboard
- The Official Startup of Office Chonai-kai
- TEPCO's "Flexible Support "
- Spreading the Word: "Just The Right Whiteness Whiteness 70"
- The Challenge of Expanding the Use of Recycled Paper
- Going All-Out For "Just The Right Whiteness Whiteness 70"
- Passing the Baton to the Manufacturer Side
Household Eco-Account Book (PDF file:59KB)
Household Eco-Account Book is used in the "Household Accounting on the Environment" program by Japan's Ministry of the Environment. This is a tool for citizens to get to know the relationship between their daily life and environment, to reduce the environmental impacts caused by their day-to-day life, and to shift towards environmentally-friendly lifestyles.