Japan for Sustainability Newsletter #044
April 29, 2006
Copyright (c) 2006, Japan for Sustainability
Japan for Sustainability (JFS) is a non-profit communication platform to
disseminate environmental information from Japan to the world, with the
aim of helping both move onto a sustainable path.
See what's new on our web site: http://www.japanfs.org/
In the April 2006 issue of the JFS Newsletter:
- The Development of Green Servicizing Businesses in Japan
- Towards a Sustainable Japan--Corporations at Work Article Series No. 40 Pursuing an Optimized System through the eKOsystem (Coca-Cola (Japan) Co.)
- Towards a Sustainable Japan--Corporations at Work Article Series No. 41 Teijin Group's "Semi-Perpetual" Fabric Recycling Revolutionizes the Apparel Industry
JFS's Co-Chief Executive Speaks in Washington, D.C.
Junko Edahiro, a Co-Chief Executive of JFS, will speak at a panel during the
Business and Sustainable Development Conference on June 21-22, 2006. The
conference will address issues in "Managing for Economic, Environmental and
Social Value in the Global Market Place." She will speak as a panelist at
the general session "Communicating Performance: What's at Stake?" For more
information and registration, please visit at
<Event> The 2006 Business and Sustainable Development Conference
<Organizer> The Conference Board
<Sponsor> World Business Council for Sustainable Development
<Date> June 21 - June 22, 2006
<Venue> The Fairmont Hotel, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
[JFS Web Site Additions of the Month]
- We updated JFS Newsletter No.43(2006/4/8)
- We present JFS Sustainability Seminar: Innovative Solutions for Global
Conservation featuring Sabrina Vigilante (Rainforest Alliance) at JFS
Event page. (2006/4/11)
- We present this month a new cartoon, "Isn't nature marvelous!" on the
High Moon Gallery. (2006/4/18)
- We currently present "Research on the Scientific Basis for
Sustainability (RSBS) - Science on sustainability 2006: Summary Edition".
Updated Contents in Supporters' Page
- Ebara Corporation [Manufacturing] (2006/4/28)
- Daiwa Asset Management Co., Ltd. [Financial Services](2006/4/26)
- Seven & I Holdings Co.,Ltd. [Retail] (2006/4/26)
- Sompo Japan Insurance Inc. [Insurance](2006/4/26)
Updated Contents in Kids' "Create your future" website
WATER ON OUR PLANET
-The Ocean is Alive (2006/4/5)
THE EARTH AS A GREENHOUSE
-The Greenhouse Effect: The Special Layer Around Our Earth (2006/4/5)
WE LOVE FOOD
-A Grain Shortage Is Looming! (2006/4/5)
We hope you enjoyed this issue of the JFS Newsletter.
We will be delivering more information every month from Japan on
activities and developments in the field of the environment. Please
visit our website for the latest news!
And please send your comments or requests to us at email@example.com.
We will be back next month with more news.
The Japan for Sustainability newsletter is a free monthly newsletter to
keep you up-to-date on the latest developments in Japan. Japan for
Sustainability bears no liability for the newsletter's contents or use
of the information provided.
This newsletter is sent only to those who have registered for it. We do
not rent, loan or sell this e-mailing list to any other party.
If you wish to subscribe, please visit
To unsubscribe, please send a message with the word "bye"(without
quotation marks) in the main body to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back issues of the newsletter are also available.
We welcome your comments. Please send them to: email@example.com
Copyright (c) 2006, Japan for Sustainability. All Rights Reserved.
We invite you to forward our articles or use information on the JFS
website and in your newsletters, as long as you also provide the proper
credit to "Japan for Sustainability, http://www.japanfs.org/index.html."
subscribe to newsletter