PV Solar Panels 'DMM Solar' for Individuals Cost Only U.S.$976
DMM.com, a digital contents distributor that also deals in selling and renting DVDs, started offering new services to install photovoltaic (PV) panels for individuals, companies and local governments on February 15, 2012. Its "sharing power generation plan" (for individuals) utilizes the Excess Electricity Purchasing Scheme for PV Electricity. Under this plan, customers can install PV panels for a total cost of 80,000 yen (about US$ 976), with the help of subsidies.
The Excess Electricity Purchasing Scheme for Photovoltaic (PV) Electricity guarantees that PV facility owners will have their excess power purchased by power companies at fixed prices.
Joining in the sharing power generation plan, users can consume 20 percent of the total generated electricity, and the other 80 percent goes to DMM.com. If the electricity consumption exceeds 20 percent of total electric generating capacity, the user pays DMM.com excess consumption charges at the same payment rate as the subscribed power company.
If the ratio of electricity consumption is below 20 percent, the user can sell the surplus electricity. People interested in signing up need to apply for the free simulation that estimates energy production based on the amount of sunlight and roof shape, and to meet DMM's contract requirements. The length of contract is 10 years.
Rise in Awareness of Electricity Conservation, Home Solar Power Systems Seen after Earthquake in Japan (Related JFS article)
[Newsletter] Japan Begins Feed-in Tariff Scheme to Accelerate Renewable Energy Promotion
Posted: 2012/07/26 06:00:15 AM